Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am obsessed with BACON SALT!

About 2 years ago I was at the Viking, and the good bartender Rob had me try some popcorn. On the popcorn was the most delicious thing I had ever tasted.....BACON SALT.

Since then I have had a mild obsession with the stuff. This Christmas, in the blizzard, I walked all over Ballard trying to find the stuff. (Finally located it at Bartells, although Ballard Market carries it but by the seafood case near the butcher). All my people got the 3 flavors I could find (original, peppered and hickory)

Everyone was psyched at the idea of bacon salt but have yet to come up with recipes that would require such an ingredient....so here is my list of things that are better with BACON SALT!!

-Popcorn
-Egg Salad
-Mac and Cheese
-Vegetables (sprinkle over brocolli, it's delicious)
-Tuna Salad
-Fried Eggs
-Fried Pork Chops

Anyone else have some good uses for bacon salt?!?! And I cant wait to try the Baconnaise!!!

5 comments:

jodi said...

Rim the glass of your Bloody Mary with it. You're welcome.

GossipGirl15 said...

@jodi- you are my HERO! Thank you thank you thank you.....

The Momma said...

see the Bacon Salt maker's suggestions for uses at http://www.jdfoods.net/recipes/

kelley arcana said...

i was just in the viking discussing the awesomeness of bacon salt. i put it on my turkey sandwich for lunch today.

Anonymous said...

We top a killer mushroom soup with it...

http://www.cooklocal.com/?p=96