The BGG grabbed a drink and some snacks at La Isla this weekend and sat outside on their patio. Although we had dined there before and sat inside, this was a new experience for us which was quite fun and noteworthy because of the following reasons.
1. They have a kick ass Happy Hour! How we missed this one, we don't know, but we thought we should let you know. They host two daily from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to Midnight. Half Price Appetizers!
2. Their Mojito is fabulous. And Monday through Saturday during second Happy Hour they are only 2 dollars. Yes, TWO DOLLARS.
3. We were able to watch the poor schmucks driving back from Golden Gardens and laugh as they were stuck at the Intersection of Torture (24th and Market) waiting to get the heck out of Ballard. Sorry! Only 4 cars can make it through each green light. Too bad you weren't walking or drinking Mojitos or Cuba Libres with us.
4. A tricked out hydraulic-ly enhanced orange car rolled by fully cranked up on one side. Awesome! Not something you normally see in ole Ballard. Maybe they'll give us a ride one day. A girl can dream, right?
5. They have domino nights sometimes. Smack the bone down!